Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mommy, I Want to be a Fireman When I Grow Up

Being a mailman I have to deal with the public, and in doing so, I come across a variety of people and situations. Here's a good one from yesterday...

I'm delivering some packages to a house and the woman who lives there answers the door. After the usual "Good Morning", she asks me an unusual question.

"Why would a 5 year-old boy pee in the backyard in front of his 6 year-old sister and her friend?"

At this point I couldn't help but laugh. But then I got to thinking...why would a 5 year-old do that? Probably for three reasons...

1. To humiliate his sister.
2. To disgust his sister's friend. Imagine that conversation. "So honey, did you have a good time over at Sally's house today?"
3. Because he's a guy and nature is his personal bathroom. Good for him...he's figured this out at a young age.

At least when something funny like this happens, it makes the day go by a little quicker.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nai said...

Jeez Teri,

Do you get a lot of life questions like this? Is it an unwritten role of counselor, like a bartender? Hey, that is really cool, a counselor that comes to your door daily.

I personally think the kid has a personal philosophy of when you gotta go, you GOTTA go.

Good post,

Ian

6/24/2005 11:16 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

Teri - we have to get our Florida pictures developed...your story reminded me of the little kid at Seaworld with the dancing water...

143
Liz

6/24/2005 11:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A more appropriate response for a "quasi-government" employee such as yourself would have been:
"For the same reason a 34 year old mailman would pee on your porch in front of you. Men like to show it off!"

6/24/2005 11:20 AM

 
Blogger GMadrid said...

Awesome Post. I would say the best question would be WHY NOT? I say because it is there. Just like Everest, he may be the first to pee in the backyard like others who were the first to climb Everest. :)

6/24/2005 1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home