Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Two Favorite Teams


You know the old saying. "My two favorite teams are the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees." Well, in this case, that second team was the Detroit Tigers. The Tigers eliminated the Yankees from the playoffs. As a Red Sox...I mean Tigers fan, I couldn't be happier. The Tigers (now 2-0 in the ALCS) are one step away from their first World Series appearence since 1984. In fact, I don't think they've even had a winning record in the past decade. It's kinda cool to see a team that's been so crappy for so long finally do well. The fact that it comes at the expense of the Evil Empire just makes it better.

I mean seriously folks. Yankees fans are pissed because their team hasn't won a title since 2000. Wow, being a fan of a team who hasn't won a championship in 6 whole years...well that must be difficult. It's almost enough to make Steinbrenner want to dig up ol' Billy Martin and put him on the bench again. Just because the Yankees make the playoffs every year, doesn't automatically entitle them to the World Series trophy.

Actually, I think the fact that they make the playoffs every only to lose makes it more special. I don't think it would be as good if they didn't make the playoffs.

Well Yankees fans, you can take solace in a saying that Red Sox fans had used as their battle cry for 86 years. "Wait till next year."

1 Comments:

Blogger GMadrid said...

Well Written. Well Said. I agree 100%. Go TIGERS!!!

10/15/2006 6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home