Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Friday, March 23, 2007

End of Day 1

Baby has been moved. She started under a heat lamp (to maintain a constant body temp) and is now in the Isolation Booth. There's a real term for it, but you've all seen the plastic cages for pre-term babies...you know what I mean.

Things are well on all fronts. Liz is doing great. She's walking, she's talking, she's eating solid food...how they grow up so fast! Seriously, she's doing great.

Courtney is doing well also. Little "events" are still occuring, but nothing out of the norm. I was with her during a crying episode (I love the sound of her crying...for now) and when she started to relax, her breathing slowed. It was slow enough to set of bells and to get me worried, but the nurses reacted like it was a usual occurence. And for them, it was. From all accounts of doctors and nurses, she's doing very well.

So, the first full day is in the books. When I finally get the chance to look back, I'm sure there'll be many more stories to tell. And don't worry, I will tell them.

For now, I just want to get my girls home.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dad!

It's just me...Aunt Tricia.

I talked with your mom yesterday, and just wanted to send my congratulations to you and Liz.

Know that you, Liz and Courtney are all in our thoughts and prayers..(you and Liz have been for a very long time now :) ) and I can't wait to meet Courtney!

Take care...give Liz a big hug and kiss for me, and give Courtney a little one for now. :)

Love,
Tricia

3/24/2007 5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home