Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

FX Does It Again

Thanks to my Tivo (I love my Tivo), I was able to catch a sneak preview today of the first episode of "Over There". It's a show that intends to show us the frontline of the war in Iraq. Now whether or not it is a true representation of the situation, I don't know...I haven't been there. I'm glad I don't have to be and that there are people a hell of a lot braver than me that are willing to do it. When the show actually premieres (Wednesday at 10 on FX) I highly suggest that everyone watch it.

This show is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I don't care if you are for or against the war (and I am intentionally keeping my opinion out of it), but what I hope we can agree on is...the men and women who serve in our armed forces should be applauded for what they do. This show is not going to be about anyone's political beliefs, but the unbelievable situations that they find themselves in every minute of every day and how they deal with it.

Based on this first episode, this is not going to be an easy show to watch. If you're looking for a show where good always wins and everyone is happy, you may want to find another show. But if you wonder why we should support our troops, watch this show. See what they go through, see what they have to do, see what they sacrifice. Sure it's just television, but I can't help but believe that it's going on just like that somewhere in the desert.

Support our troops and God Bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home