Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

!looC erA segasseM sdrawkcaB

The youth of today probably doesn't remember the vinyl record, but I do. I also remember spinning them backwards on my parents' turntable to see if there were messages hidden in the lyrics of my favorite songs. With the advent of the CD, this is now a lost art. But it apparently is making a comeback.

The art of backwards messages is called "backmasking" and is alive and well. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal which led me to Jeff Milner's Backmasking Site. In it he has a few song bites, both forwards and backwards, along with the written words. Some messages are intentional, some are not, and some don't sound even close. But take a listen...it's fun.

And maybe Paul really is dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Milner said...

He's not dead! :)

But thanks for the link.
-Jeff

1/12/2006 9:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home