Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Wife Can't Drive a Stick

Get your mind out of the gutter, sickos!

Last week, I was out having a beer. Then Liz called me. I had to come home. She was going out and needed me to move my car out of the driveway so she could get her car out. Why couldn't she do it? That's right...she doesn't know how to drive my car because it's a standard.

(I imagine she hates me right now for telling this story)

So maybe she hasn't had the chance to learn? Nope. My car is a 1995 Honda Prelude and I bought it brand new, so she's had 10 years to figure it out. So if you hear of my early demise and wonder why Liz didn't get me to the hospital, it's because my car was at the end of the driveway.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

two words for you...any guesses what they are??? and love isn't one of them.

12/16/2005 1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if she had moved the car, and made your transmission not so "standard" in the process, would that have been better than getting a phone call?

Just trying to add some perspective here.

Hope you both are well. Sorry we'll miss you at New Years.

And, just for the record, I don't drive stick either. =:)

12/16/2005 10:23 PM

 
Blogger GMadrid said...

That is the best story ever. You are my favorite T and I couldn't get the car out by driving it either, but I was figure out how to push in the street for you. Better yet I would probably just call an ambulance. They have cool lights and stuff. :)

12/18/2005 2:02 AM

 
Blogger GamesGirl said...

Right...Next time she should throw it in neutral and let it roll out of the driveway! Whoopseedasey!

12/20/2005 6:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if you've had the car for 10 years, why haven't YOU taken the time to show her how to drive it? Then she can drive you to the hospital when she kills you for putting this story on the net in the first place!

12/22/2005 4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home