Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

We Seem To Be Having Technical Difficulties

I've been trying to put up a new post for about a week now, and every time I went to do it, the screen froze up. Then I'd have to shut down all the windows and start over. And when I'd try again, the same thing would happen. Not that I had anything particularly insightful to say, but it's just annoying. When you expect something to work and it doesn't, it just throws me off a little. Take yesterday for instance. Let me give you the whole story though.

My parents were gone for a week and a half around Easter. While they were gone, I grabbed my dad's truck to get some stuff from Home Depot. I dropped my car off at their house, got the truck, made for Home Depot, and got lazy and didn't get the truck back for a couple of days. What's the rush? My dad didn't need it for a few more days. Well, when I finally went to get my car, I guess I didn't shut the door completely and that killed the battery. So I kept the truck for a couple more days. I went back this past Monday, jumped my car to get it started, and got it home. No problem...until Tuesday came along.

Woke up on Tuesday to discover that the battery in my iPod was dead. Great...no music for the day. At least I still had a walkman at work.

Get in the car to go to work. Turn the key and...nothing. Great, dead car battery too. Liz drives me over to my parents so I can grab the truck again (lucky they don't land until the afternoon) and I finally get to work.

First thing I do when I get to work is put on my walkman. I get about 3 good minutes of Bax and O'Brien before the batteries in my walkman go dead. Maybe it was sunspots or something, but everything seemed to be crapping out on me.

Needless to say, I charged my iPod, charged my car battery, and put new batteries in my walkman (and even got my dad's truck back to him). So, everything's working now.

But yesterday kinda sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home