Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Friday, May 05, 2006

In the Spirit of Cinco De Mayo...

Just to warn you in advance...this will offend someone. I know some of you will agree with me, but someone is going to have a bug up their ass about this post.

Let's get all of the illegal immigrants out of our country. Why? Did I mention they are ILLEGAL immigrants? Do I have a problem with immigrants? No! That's how this country started. People came to this country looking for a better life for themselves and their families. But, for the most part, they did it legally (and made an effort to learn English, but that's an argument for a different time).

Now there's a true government effort to do something about the illegals in this country. Then came the protests, and marches, and media coverage. Hey, here's an idea. All of those illegals marching in those parades...scoop 'em up and ship 'em out! They made it easy for us! They're all together and holding signs saying, "Hey! Look at me! I'm in your country illegally!"

The most ridiculous of all though had to be the boycott. For a day last week, all illegal immigrants (and even some legal ones who supported the cause) were supposed to stay home from work, not open their shop, or not buy anything thereby keeping money out of the economy. This was all in an effort to show what would happen if the illegals weren't in the country anymore. Guess what happened?

No one noticed. In fact, I'm not even sure what day it was. That's how much of an effect it had on me. People were stocking their shelves and bunkering down like the apocalypse was coming. Instead it was another Y2K.

And before you start the whole "they do jobs Americans don't want" arguement, let me stop you for a second, because it's only a matter of time before they unionize. Probably join the Teamsters or UAW or something. Then will they have to pay taxes? I doubt it. But they won't be making $3.50 an hour anymore. So much for cheap labor.

I'm not saying all this because Hispanics are evil. I'm just saying that we need to have a little more control over who comes and goes across our borders. For every guy coming across the US/Mexico border looking for a construction job, there's probably at least one more coming across with who-knows-what in his backpack.

Now, I'm off to the bar for a Dos Equis. Damn, those Mexicans make good beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home