Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back To Work I Go

As if I didn't hate my job already, today I went back to work. I decided that there really wasn't any point taking time off from work when Courtney's still at the hospital. I figured my allotment of time off would be better used when she was able to come home. No sense in sitting around the house waiting, right?

So, as far as days at work go, this was one of the better ones. Life is good, and not even the God-forsaken Post Office could ruin that for me. But, believe me, I'll be glad when she's home and I can take the time to spend with her and Mommy.

We went to the hospital last night for a visit. No big news to report. They decreased the "Big Light" back down to one bulb because her jaundice is slowly decreasing. She weighed in at 3 lbs, 1 oz. They said she may lose a little more, but now that they're feeding her, it's only a matter of time before she starts gaining weight. The nurses have increased her feedings from 3 to 4 cc's each. We saw her get bathed and got to hold her again. And, according to some of the nurses, she has a temper. I guess she has no problem voicing her displeasure of getting vitals taken or getting bathed. I'll leave it up to you as to who you think she takes after.

I guess that's it. Now it's just waiting while she gets bigger and stronger and trying not to go crazy in the meantime. We still have things to do to prepare (we were caught a little off guard) and Liz is still getting used to the "nursing schedule". However, waking up every 3 hours in the middle of the night may get easier when there's actually a little one to attend to. Until then, we're bringing those little bottles with us every time we go to the hospital.

And just so you know, late night TV sucks. God bless Tivo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home