Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Can Control the Weather!

My father has always claimed he can control the weather. He said he could make it rain by starting to paint the house. If he didn't want it to rain, all he needed to do was put fertilizer down on the lawn. Well, apparently these weather controlling gifts have been passed down to me. I figured this out because I, single-handedly, have stopped it from snowing any considerable amount for the past month. How did I do this?

I bought a snowblower.

That's right folks. By the simple act of getting a snowblower, I seem to have prevented any snowfall for the remainder of the 2007-2008 winter. My shovel broke during the last snowstorm which surely would have doomed us all if I had not taken action and gone out to get the snowblower. No need to thank me...the pleasure is all mine.

Don't get your hopes up too high though. I saw a guy today who claimed to have the same power...

He was washing his car.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teri,

I see from the forecast for Monday that the snowblower will get used afterall.

Have fun w/Cat playing in the snow! Take pics for us. We don't get much snow down here. Brian would love to go sledding.

Kim, Doug and the boys

1/13/2008 2:11 PM

 
Blogger GamesGirl said...

Uhm - did you look outside today?

1/14/2008 3:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teri, tell everyone what happened in the storm on Monday. Do tell, its a funny story.

1/16/2008 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Danielle Athanas said...

Now I'm intrigued. Hopefully you do tell this alleged funny story. :)

1/20/2008 8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

11/11/2008 10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home