Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Faster, Higher, Stronger

I can't get enough of the Olympics. I know the rest of you couldn't give a damn about sports that only get attention once every 4 years. My feeling is that is exactly why we should pay attention...they only come around once every four years. Sure there's the X-Games, but that's just a lot of snowboarding. How about ski jumping? How about biathalon? When bobsledding is only on every 4 years, you can bet I'm going to watch.

And then there's my new favorite winter sport...curling. It may look a little stupid at first glance, but anyone who has watched a match can agree with me that it's much more than sliding a rock down a sheet of ice. There's accuracy, touch, strategy, and (believe it or not) excitment. It looks like a simple game, but I'm sure it's much tougher than it looks.

When the Olympics are over, I will miss curling. Too bad I can't say the same for US Hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home