Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Little One Makes Progress

Last night, Liz and I went down to the hospital again to see Cat. When we got there, we both said hi and started touching her, and then the nurse came over. She said,"Do you see anything missing?" We take another look and we both realize...her cannula is gone! No more nose tube! They had taken it off of her at about 7:30 yesterday morning, so by the time we saw her it had been 12 hours that she had been fully breathing on her own with no problems. Great success!

And the really fun part of the night was that Liz and Courtney spent some "Kangaroo Cuddle" time. Essentially this is just skin-to-skin contact where the mom can hold the baby right on her chest. This is important for both baby and mommy development. So they got to spend an hour like that. It was quite special.

And lastly, she's a little chow hound. They've increased her feedings again...she's up to 6.5 cc's. I guess she's taking to them very well, since the last few times they've found no residuals (left-overs) in her stomach afterwards.

So, overall, things are still going well. Baby steps, right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teri,

Thank you for the "updates" on Cat! She is definately progressing each moment it seems! :) I continue to pray for her (and you guys). If there is anything you need, let me know. I am home days so can help out if needed. Give Liz and Cat a hug for me.

Love,
Aunt Tricia

3/28/2007 10:32 AM

 
Blogger GamesGirl said...

i am home sick and your good news just made me feel a whole lot better! lotsa hugs to C and L! (T too!)

3/28/2007 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things are progressing! On room air only!!! that is totally awesome!!!! Up to 6.5cc's per feeding- chow hound is right... That is a ot considering her size!!
I am so excited for you all. Keep up the updates and you are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Adrienne (azych@imp-co.org)

3/28/2007 1:06 PM

 
Blogger minou11 said...

Hello....I just stumbled upon your blog and couldn't help reading about your little premie. I am glad that she is progressing so well! Please not that I was born at 28 weeks over 32 years ago and weighed 2 lbs 1/4 ounces and I am perfectly healthy. I am sure that your little girl will come out of this fine - she is a fighter and is very strong!
Good luck with everything!

3/29/2007 9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home