Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's Raining Babies?

Baby shower. Get it? Raining? Never mind. I'm just overtired.

The baby shower was this past Saturday. Holy crap. I'm not even sure what half of the stuff is for, but I bet we'll need it. We definitely know some very generous people. I think I need to build an addition on the house just to fit all of the stuff we got. A great big thanks to everyone who donated to the cause. And especially to my sister-in-law, Mary, for putting the whole thing together.

Now the update. We just got home from seeing her and she continues to do well. She's gained a little more weight. She's now up to 3 lbs 8.5 oz. That's above her original birth weight! No breathing episodes over the last couple of nights. Her feedings are now up to 15.5 cc's each and the nurse told us that if they keep increasing the amount of the feedings, she'll be off of the IV in just a couple of days. (The IV is for calcium or other supplements since she's not taking in enough volume yet.)

And I got "Kanga Care" this morning for the first time. What an amazing feeling to have my daughter fall asleep on my chest. Exhilarating and relaxing at the same time. Can't wait till she's home so I can make that a regular activity.

There will be more pictures on the way, but the camera's all the way upstairs, and I'm kinda lazy right now. Maybe next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home