Your source for live, local, and late-breaking babble. Now including updates about our daughter Courtney!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Those Damned Neighbors!

No big news to report. She's getting bigger (4 lbs, 4 oz as of tonight) but nothing has really changed since last post. But since everyone seems to be clamoring some news, here's a fluff piece.

This happened while Liz was still at the hospital. Saturday night, at about midnight, I came home for a couple of hours of sleep. As I pulled into the driveway, I saw that our neighbors had decorated our lawn with a banner and a sign, both saying "It's a Girl!" I had planned on doing something similar (balloons or something), so not only did this not bother me, I thought it was kinda cool. When I got back to the hospital on Sunday morning, I told Liz what Chrissy and Tommy had done to the house.


Liz was discharged from the hospital on Sunday afternoon and we went home. When we pulled into the driveway this time...let's just say that the decorations had increased exponentially. The banner and sign were still there, but there was now 2 additional signs, 2 balloons on the mailbox, a streamer across the top of the carport, and a duck windsock. You'd think the carnival was in town! I literally burst out laughing.


Found out later that while Tommy was up on a ladder attaching the streamer, Bob (our neighbor on the other side) came out to see who was breaking into our house. Thank God for our neighborhood watch.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Maria had a big hand in the debauchery as well...We have great friends!!! Thanks guys.

4/14/2007 8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home